see more Lol Celebs
There are times when you look at your kids and go, “Where in the heck did you learn that?”
Recently I have been doing this with Booga.
For one thing he has learned to use the computer in my office, which is something he hasn’t shown an interest in since he came out to the living room one day and announced to me that he wished for his computer to thrown in the fire pit.
Some days we all feel that way Boog.
However, he decided a little over a week ago that having a computer would be really cool. Because there is this thing called YouTube that he could go on and watch clips from movies and stuff about movies and movies about movies….Oh the list goes on and on….
SO suddenly he wants a computer.
I have no problem with this. Other than the fact that I don’t think that Booga understands the term “virus” or the idea of not clicking on everything that pops up- that is unless someone else has taught him that.
And there is something Booga has learned that like Yoda on Star Wars- I would like him to “unlearn what he has learned” and that is HOW TO LIE. This is something that I would like him to do.
Boog, as I have stated before, gets a certain amount of money for every chore he does.
He has learned that he doesn’t have to tell us how much money he has. He can say he only has a five dollar bill and not five ones….That way he doesn’t have to count change back to us.
It makes his life a little easier and is disturbing for me who always proud of the fact that I had this child that was so innocent that he didn’t know how to lie.
Obviously along the line somewhere, he’s been polluted by the world in some respect.
I can’t be with him always. I have taught him things I thought were important. I have now showed him how upset someone gets when you lie. Hopefully, because Booga hates it when you’re upset with him, this will show him that lying is wrong. If not we will reiterate it a few times so he can understand it. Or make a big deal about it at the dinner table and tell him that Jesus doesn’t like it.
That usually does the trick.
The Lord doesn’t like it.
Thank God he loves God.
All I have to tell him about something he is doing that is wrong or about someway he is acting that is wrong is that God wouldn’t like it and it puts a lot into perspective for Boog, because…..It’s God. The last person he wants mad at him. God’s the last person I want angry at me for that matter or anyone else in my family.
Have you read The Old Testament…Yeah; God is pretty scary when he’s mad.
So we have this to reprogram in him.
Thanks world.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Unlearn what you have learned....
Posted by Shari at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment